Tuesday, October 11, 2011

YUZU-licious honey




YUZU is a japanese citrus fruit that is featured very often in japanese cuisine. You see them in ponzu sauces (yuzu & soy sauce), yuzu miso paste, yuzu jams,yuzu ice cream, etc...

You can even buy fresh yuzu fruits from the meidi ya supermarket at Liang court when it is in season. For city folks like myself, I am more than contented to get my yuzu fix in more palatable versions like this honey from Sugi Kohoen company (Sugi Bee Farm).

I came across this delicious YUZU MITSU honey on my trip to Takayama, Japan 2 years ago. I am quite surprised that until now, no one has thought of importing this into Singapore. This wonderful honey tastes equally good in both hot and cold drinks. I love it so much that I slather a thick later on my buttered toast so my 500ml bottle didn't last too long. They were also available in assorted flavors and smaller sizes which make it a perfect gift for loved ones and friends. How I wished I carted home more. Well this will definitely be on my MUST BUY list on my next trip to Japan!


Since I have long finished my precious bottle, the pictures you see here are from another awesome japanese blog. What a nice presentation to enjoy this drink with these floral ice cups. Reminds me of the Martha Stewart tutorials on how to jazz up a cocktail reception just by adding edible floral petals into ice cube/cupcake moulds or an empty milk carton of water! Just peel away the carton after a good freeze and you have a charming bottle or cup laden with flower petals. Well a great idea for your next summer picnic! http://daimakitchen.mysinablog.com

3 comments:

  1. I just finished my bottle of the Blueberry Honey, so I looked into buying more online. Sadly shipping from Japan costs more than the product itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi.. just saw your comment. I just came back from japan and did a big haul for my personal consumption. Yes its a pain to ship from japan but they have so many branches in japan that iffer instant tax free shopping at their stores. So it would be great to tag along anyobe going to japan to bring back a bottle or two if they have some space in their luggage. They can even deliver to the hotel directly so its less hassle for your friends visiting japan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there... i just came back from my summer trip this july too. I did a big haul at my last stop at kamakura. They have 3 stores there that even did tax rebate. Got.more than $300 worth of honey goodies so the tax rebate instore was a good thing otherwise i wouldnt have had the time to do it at thei airport. They bring it in twice a year these days at isetan.hope u applied fpr their gold card which accords u a discount even if u buy it in singapore.most welcome to email me anytime at fleur9to5@gmail.com - who knows we can do another big haul with my memeber card when it comes back to sg. I wished they could bring over they maple honey wafer sticks. I got 5 boxes as treats for friends but it was so good i gobbled it up all by myself to ease my post holiday blues..haha . They even have a green apple honey apple new ly launched!!!!

      Delete